Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

FZR250 learner

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Tails, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Hi to everyone, i'm new to here and have only been riding for just over a year.

Recently bought an FZR250 for my girlfriend, here very first bike. It needs a little work but for the price it was a fairly good pick up.

Just after poeples opinion on the FZR250 and any useful constructive tips (don't need to hear "get rid of it" etc).

I ride an '07 Harley, which is my first bike, and taught her on it a little. She found it heaps of fun and loved it. Just need to know anything to look out for or pay special attention to.

2. Well the riding styles between the Harley and the FZR250 are worlds apart. The FZR250 handles and corners really well.
  3. look out for cops :twisted:
  4. bahahahah

I guess by that you mean that the harley doesn't? :p

On the help part, I can only suggest a google search for FZR250 maintenance. Look through a few things and you should find all the common issues with the bike (any normal faults after its been around a while).

Congrats for your girl
  5. Only thing to look out for i reckon is switches not working. All those years, corrosion just builds up.

6. LOL I didn't mean it to come out that way! I a dude in black on a Harley today and I couldn't believe how fast he was going around these tight corners, I was struggling to keep up in my car.