Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

FZR250 3ln-1 - streetfighter or cowling?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by T_C, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Hello, i currently own a Yamaha 1989 fzr 250 3ln-1 with no fairings, which looks like a broken down terminator head, motorbike. Note that his did happen after a silly accident done on my own (learnt my lesson now) =\

Been looking around for the fairings/cowlings everywhere for this model but cant find any for a decent price. The only place that was selling them was Victorian Motorcycle Wreckers at $300 A PIECE (tell me if this is normal pricing or not, because it seems quite expensive). Also been checking around for any type of head unit that will cover the electrics at the front with the twin headlights, but dont know what to look out for and where to go to find them.

Any help or recommendations would help greatly.

2. depending on the amount of wiring
    If you get a 7 inch round headlight with a surround (like whats on a RZ) you can fit quite a lot of wires in it
    or these these blokes in the US
    i you going for a street fighter look its cool but it will end up the same cost as a new fairing
    http://www.aztec8.com/catalog/i213.html is there singel hedlight they have a abunch of others
    the single is like 235 USD delivered which is around 250 AUS
  3. hey i got a nose piece, that someone failed to pick up (also got the tail pieces)
    give me a call if you want it number is on the site
  4. ausfr.com.au for some cool streetfighter bits.

Fairings for old 250s can be hard to find and therefore expensive, because everyone crashes and breaks them!