Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

FZ8N Temperature

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Daave, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Hey Guy, Just picked 2011 FZ8N and now that I've got more information available to me about the bike like temperature (came from a GS500), what is optimal temp for the bike to be running at before you'd call it 'overheating' - Riding it home it was around 80 degree on the highway but sitting in traffic it could rise as high as 100 degrees. Cheers

2. I've been riding an FZ8N for about the last year. Great bike absolutely love it!

100deg while sitting in traffic is normal. In fact, I think the thermo fans only come on above 100deg. I have never seen it get above 102deg, even on the hottest days stuck in traffic.

The manual says the temp warning light will only come on at 117degC, where you should pull over and let the bike idle till it cools down. Above 135deg, stop and turn the bike off.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks mate. I have got the manual there to read which I'll do when I have 10 mins to sit down. That's for the great info :)
  4. 100c is fine, my z1000 runs around 85-100 and the fans kick in at 100 so nothing to worry about