Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

FZ6N Shaking mirrors

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Dp., Nov 18, 2009.

1. From the day one I noticed that my mirrors are shaking a little making it hard to see cars behind. It is all the same throughout the rev range. I thought I will get used to it but it is just getting more annoying. On the VTR I never had problems like that. Is it normal for 2008 model FZ6N? Is there some way to fix it?

2. I'd say it's pretty normal, bigger bangs than your VTR. You can look at rubber mounting blocks, you can probably buy them or make you own, don't know how effectvie that would be though...
    Just be thankful you haven't got a big twin, this week I lost two very crucial faring nuts & my rego label, all of which were held on with locktite! We won't even get into the pointlessness of the mirrors.
  3. you can fit bar end weights or mirror vibration dampers and/or gel touch grips