Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

FZ6n battery problem

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by bike_noob, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Hi guys, left her in the garage as i had uni exams and didnt take her for a ride for last 3 weeks.

Anyway wouldnt fire up, so no problem i just put it in 2nd and pop started it by running down the driveway slope and my street is slope.

So then i rode it around in 1st gear around my suburb for a good 20-30 min, made sure to keep the RPM >5-8k, to charge the battery.

Pulled up at a servo filled her up and bang battery died again...

Luckily i convinced a guy to give me a push and pop started it again in 2nd.

But yeh my question is why did the battery die again so fast? i mean it would have enough juice fromt hat 20-30 min ride to atleast fire up again...

Also any recommendations for an el cheapo battery charger that i can pick up.
  2. Battery may be very low so the 30 min may not have been enough. Winter is the time that batteries tend to die. Charge it up and see how you go.

Supercheap Auto Charger
  3. How old is the battery,next time you start it check to see if its charging with a volt meter if its charging okay it could be the battery,and does your headlight stay on or is it dimmer than usuall if its dimmer could be your stator or r/r