Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fuzzy mirrors

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by robbo77, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Hi
    I just bought a 2007 Suzuki GSR600 and found when I go over 80kmh, the mirrors get fuzzy and the faster the worse it gets till I see nearly 2 cars of the one in the mirrors!

I have ordered mirror extensions (another problem), but wondering how can I fix this??](*,)

I read on net, that someone changed their 48 tooth sprocket to 43 and that stopped the vibration in the handlebars, but a bit drastic step, is any new mirrors would do the trick, or further tightening help?

2. When I put mirror extenders on my ex-GSR600 it decreased the mirror shake. Wait and see how bad it is once they're on.
  3. Use your neck. Mirror on bikes are for show.
  4. You can try using heavier bar ends. They stop vibes.
  5. Or you might try (after you get the extensions) some kind of weight on / in / bolted (securely) to the mirror. At a guess, this will lower the revs / speed at which the problem starts, but reduce the severity of the problem at higher revs, where you need them more. Some fiddling with the weight and the location and the mounting, and you may be able to reduce it to the point of insignificance.

That said, do learn to turn your head without accidentally changing lanes, and use your eyes. Never change lanes without performing a head swivel and check.
  6. Thanks fellas, yes ordered some mirror extensions from Germany today, 33Euro, so guess not too bad. Will try that and then the bar weights.