Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fuse keeps blowing

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Jez79, Jul 8, 2011.

1. hi guys, on my 99 suzuki bandit, the fuse keeps blowing which protects indicators, tacho and neutral light. i recently swapped the single h4 setup for dual buell h7's and wired the white to one side, the yellow to the other side and bridged the earths BUT the headlights run their own fuse so not sure if thats the problem??

can anyone advise how i can trace the short circuit or even better, is there a fellow netrider in/around melbourne who might have time to show me how to troubleshoot the problem as i would like to learn. obviously i would offer something for your time :)

thanks heaps in advance!
  2. Sorry but are you saying you are now running two globes instead of one? If so it may simply be you are drawing more current than your fuse was designed for.
  3. well thats what i thought, but only one bulb is ever on at any given time and also they are on a seperate fuse, or can that still be affected?

i have since found one of my indicator bulb mounts appears to have corrosion inside it and the bulb is sometimes not entirely secure. could this be a possible source of the fuse problem?
  4. Generally not unless one is downstream of the other. E.G Main fuse and then downstream the various sub fuses.

A good place to start. Clean it up and see or if it is to badly corroded replace it.