Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fundraising Ride - Sophie Delzio

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Doddles, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dear fellow bike riders,

I would very much like to organise a fundraiser bike ride for Sophie Delezio

Sophie remains in a critical but stable condition in hospital after a car ploughed into her pram as she was being pushed across a pedestrian crossing on Frenchs Forest Road at Seaforth, in Sydney's north, on Friday 5th may 2006

In December 2003, Sophie lost both feet, some fingers and suffered third degree burns to 85 per cent of her body when she was trapped under a car that crashed into the Roundhouse Childcare Centre at Fairlight

Throughout all of Sophie’s life she will face many problems and complications caused by the injuries that have been so tragically inflicted on her. Sophie will be in need of financial support for the rest of here life to help her lead as normal a life as possible.

I would like to raise funds to be placed in a trust for Sophie and my target figure is $250,000. The ability to do this will depend on support from organizations such as your club and the participation of your members.

At this point I am asking for expressions of interest to be involved in this worthwhile fundraising event.

If I am able to establish a strong indication of support from the Motorcycle riding community I will for a committee to make further inquires and plans.

My proposed date is Saturday 1st July 2006

I look forward to your reply.

Carl Glover

Mob. 0408 033360
    mailto: carl@appro.com.au

This post has been placed on behalf of Carl and I encourage you to support this event and email him for further details
  2. Great idea, but I think there will be a lot more interest if the type of event is announced.

3. please post the details of the event for all to see.. thanks.

4. At this point in time carl is gauging interest / support - if it becomes an event I am certain it will be posted
  5. moving to general discussion then bud. this is the ride event forum so when it is a event with more details just use the calendar to add the event.

6. Count me in. That poor little girl needs all our help and support.
  7. I couldn't believe it when i heard that poor kid was hit again, if you end up organising a charity ride i'll do my best to be there
  8. How much bad luck can one little Angel have? This poor little love :(

I'm with you guys on that, if you wanna hold a fundraiser, I'll be sure to assist. Oh and her name is Sophie Delezio ;)
  9. If anyone is thinking or willing to organise a ride in QLD in support of this, count me in.
  10. ill be interested in taking part in this as well if it gets off the ground.
  11. I'd def be up for it :)
  12. For sure, you can count me and the other half and a couple of more mates in for this one. I think everyone would have shed a tear when they heard the news.
  13. Unfortunately i will not be able to make this as i will be out of the country when it takes place. I will be there in spirit, however, and if things eventuate i will be more then happy to chip in some $$$
  14. I hope this ride comes off, Sophie will need lots of help in the years ahead. Count me in.
  15. As mentioned the idea for a fundraising ride for the ongoing treatment costs for Sophie has been floated by Carl Glover
    You can register and find out more at
  16. Sounds like a great idea, i'd be there for sure

17. i'd be in on this ride
  18. If there is a Victorian ride I'd like to go, if not I'll send a donation from the web site.

How much bad luck can one little girl have :(
  19. Count me in if there is a Melbourne ride. She's gone through more pain in her 5 years (I think shes 5?) than most of us experience in a life time x 2. Its just too much, but she is amazing fighter and if any kid can recover she will.
  20. -----------------------

The Ride
    I am asking 100 businesses throughout the area of Northern beaches to Wollongong and Penrith to raise as much money as they can during the month of June, assistance will be given in the form of printed matter and promotional activities gained through corporate sponsorships and media support.

Riders from as far as Wollongong and to the Northern beaches will meet at Penrith Panthers Club where groups of riders will break off and begin to carry out multiple pickups of specially printed cheques validated by a sponsoring Bank after each fundraising business has deposited funds raised.

Riders will work there way to a re-group point and then on to the Sydney Children’s Hospital or perhaps to Sophie’s School grounds, we will advise as plans progress.

Each rider will also pay a fee /donation of $25 for the ride and will be entered into a major raffle, prizes supplied through corporate sponsorship. Prizes To be advised soon.

More detail will be posted here as plans progresses please re-visit this page soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.