Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Sav61, Jul 8, 2016.

1. looking forward to staying upright with net riders

• Like Like x 1
  2. I am bike less at the moment , very sad. I looking at the new Yamaha MT 09 Tracer . Can anyone tell me can you get a tyre that will handle a bit more gravel run than the tyre that comes on the Tracer
  3. Welcome to the forum mate.

Can't answer your question but I'm sure someone will soon.
  4. Welcome to NR..

What other bikes are you eyeing??
  5. Welcome mate :cool:
  6. Welcome to NR from Adelaide.
  7. Welcome to NR, if you're looking at something more gravel/dirt orientated any of the adventure bike style tyres may be worth checking out, any bike dealer should be able to show you that range. Possibly you may be better off looking at the adventure bikes instead of a pure road bike, plenty to choose from now eg BMW F700/800GS range, Suzuki V strom, Kawasaki Versys, Ducati Multistrada or Scrambler etc. Good luck with your choice.
  8. gday Sav61Sav61 and welcome to NR!
  9. welcome aboard :)
  10. Welcome welcome Sav61Sav61
    Many happy memories on the bike and the web. Hope you find your love soon! Good luck!
  11. I think you can get Conti Trail Attack 2s in those sizes. Possibly also Metzler Tourance and Pirelli Scorpion Trail?
    I've also seen full nobbies on an MT-09 but I don't know what they were.
  12. Welcome to the Forum. Continental have a range for tyres from 80%road, 20% off road, going through to 20% Road, 80% off road.
  13. Vertical is good - Horizontal is bad - Somewhere in between the two is best!

Welcome aboard.