Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fun with dry ice...

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by mcbigg, Feb 1, 2006.

1. DISCLAIMER: don't try this at home kiddies!

Its not motorcycling, but I remember doing the same thing about a decade ago, when I was young and stupid. (as opposed to the older, but still stupid, that I am now.)

http://www.unoriginal.co.uk/footage75_4.html

2lt PET bottles such as coke and sprite bottles give you a fair amount of time to get away. This must have been his first one. There is now way that ANYONE would hold onto one and provoke it to blow, if they had seen one go before. They make a noise as loud as a shotgun when they go off. (They blow the lid off a half full wheely bin quite nicely).

We used to do what we called 'nades', with 600ml coke bottles and some crushed dry ice, quarter fill with water, lid on, shake twice, lob and duck. BOOM.
    DO NOT use Evian bottles for this. A different type of plastic, or thinner, apparently. I got to shake one, then it exploded in my hand. I was holding it around the middle and the force of the explosion peeled it open so fast that the plastice wrapped backwards around the tips of my fingers and even cracked one of my nails down near the kwik through which it bled. My hand felt like it looks on cartoons, when it inflates then pulses. Haven't tried one of those again since.

I bet this kid hasn't either. lol

BTW did you notice it actually blows his glove off?

2. Dont even bother trying to wash those underpants :LOL:

Just straight in the bin im tipping.

3. I have seen a similar vid only it was a chlorine bomb. I'd be tipping the kid got burnt bad too because chlorine and milk = hot!

4.  Top
  5.  Top
  6. While we're on the subject of doing really dumb stuff.

I once filled a 2 meter length of pvc pipe with the gas axe mix and hooked it up to the sparkplug tester. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Totally destroyed the tester and I ended up with a whole line of red marks down my chest from the press studs on my overalls.

I also once put a shotgun cartridge in a vice and hit it with a centre punch, blew it straight out of the vice and scared the bejeezuz out of us.

Heaps of home made stuff like Cool Mint barrels filled with gunpowder and taped up real tight, aerosol cans in the fire, railway dets with a hammer and of course chlorine tablets from the pool.

Somehow managed to grow up and retain all my fingers. :LOL:

7. Sounds like you'd fit right in at Mythbusters!!

8. No science involved though, we just use to like blowing stuff up.

I'm much more mature now! :wink:

9. A pinky finger sized firecracker launches an empty pal tin quite nicely too. Baking tins are cool too, don't go quite as high, but take longer to get down as they get frisbee action.