Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fun trip home

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by jd, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Yep thanks to Powercor for making my ride home last night an interesting one. Was leaving Uni just on nightfall and noticed that the street light went out just as I was riding off. Wasn't too worried about that, it was only later I realised that it wasn't the only one. In fact all streetlights and every set of traffic lights in the city (and according to todays paper a 50km radius around the city) were completely dead. Ironic part is that even though it was pitch dark with no traffic regulation at all the intersections actually seemed safer than normal, since drivers were not only slowing down but also looking out for other traffic (certainly abnormal behaviour for Ballarat drivers). Not only that but traffic was actually flowing much better too, since cars could simply go through once there was a gap rather than having to wait forever for the lights to cycle through just to make a left hand turn. Only freaky part is that power returned at exactly the same moment I walked through my front door.