Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fun roads on the Sunshine Coast?

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Clayt0nB, Feb 25, 2014.

1. I am on the coast, 1 hour north of Brisbane.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any fun roads or rides I could do around here, I have been around Palmwoods Montville road and Hunchy road, those are two pretty fun runs but I was wondering if anyone knew anything else around here?

Even like north brissy would be perfect too.

And if anyone wants to come ride them with me they are more then welcome.

2. Maleny to Kenilworth via Conondale, then from Kenilworth to Mapleton via Obi Obi Rd. (turnoff about a kilometre east of Kenilworth on the right). Best to go in that direction on Obi Obi Rd because the other way is dirt and fairly steep downhill.
  3. That looks like a pretty good ride, will have to do that next time! Thankyou!
  4. Mt mee to dayboro.
    Woodford out to peachester.
    Out around the Somerset dam.
  5. Agree Woodford to Peachester is a fab little run, I'm getting quite good at it! See quite a few cop cars there though, limit is only 60 in some parts so do watch yourself. Weekdays have not seen one but weekends I see one most times I do that road.

My next little detour in the area will be up Maleny-Stanley River Road, haven't done it yet but been recommended by someone on here so will check it out soon :)
  6. Make sure you then head down the hill from Mapleton to Nambour. That's a great road and even more fun on the way up.

Where on the Sunshine Coast are you?
  7. These are some of mine, but mind you some of these are more geared towards dual sports bikes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Just recently we had our annual Suzuki V-Strom Gathering at ESK and bikes from as far as Melbourne turned up for this event. In my mind, this Sunshine Coast area is one of my favourite places to visit and I'm very lucky to have friends up in Peachester, Maleny, Nambour & Noosa so i get to have a good excuse to have my regular trips.

Esk and Summerset dam area was definately home to our most Successful Gathering yet.

Stunning Country side and Mountain Views.

The Motorcycle and Mower shop in Woodford is good to keep in mind and they are nice friendly people who helped me with a leaky fork issue which worked...just needed a bloody good clean.

If i had my way, I'd love to move closer to the area but can't budge the Missus...oh well!!

I love Maleny ...truly a beautiful village...no wonder it's popular with the weekend crowd.