Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fun in Science

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by Ljiljan, Mar 26, 2011.

2. I loved Chemistry in High School for this exact reason (y)
  3. Hahaha awesome :D do like!
  4. :LOL:
    Can't help but think of this:
    (which is totally true BTW).
  5. haha jd, that's one of my favourites
  6. My teacher did that in science class as well (year 7). But he knew what he was doing. No fume cupboard, open area with a lot of space for the shock wave to go.He also lit the taper at about 5 metres away, before slowly walking up to it.
  7. teacher at my school lost a hand dumping either powdered sodium or potassium (can't remember which) into a drain or bucket. This was about 30 years ago so the story has been corrupted slightly, but the loss of the hand is definite.
  8. People who can't spell 'necessary' shouldn't be teaching English.

People who don't know what a quadratic equation is, much less how to factorise it, shouldn't be teaching mathematics.

People who can't find their own arse with two hands, a mirror and a torch, shouldn't be teaching navigation.

People who don't know how to handle or demonstrate the properties of flammable gasses, shouldn't be teaching chemistry.
  9. Ahhh, I miss high school science and that one idiot that could almost kill himself every few weeks... glad he wasn't the teacher though!