Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

FULLs Obtained [Vic]

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by PGriz, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Just thought I'd share some news with fellow Netriders. Wife and I ventured out on Sat morning to sit our test for FULL license. Both of us passed. We are both now on FULLs however restricted for 12 months. (have had FULL Car license for a while).

Goodbye L's

2. Congrats to you both - great effort ! (y)
  3. Well done... Its nice to know that it is out of the way, isn't it? :)
  4. Congrats :).

Wow you need to do a test for your full licence in vic?
    Pretty sure up here in NSW you just rock up after the time on Ps and get them?

Bet they will make it so you have to do a test starting on the day before i can get my fulls.
  5. you mean do the test for your P's?
  6. No. If you already have a full car license you go to a full bike license with 1 year of restrictions.
  7. Grats. I'll be doing mine on Jan 30th. Though to clarify, it is the "Probationary Test" but actually a "FULL licence" gained: if you are a full + current car licence holder you are exempt from having to be probationary or "display" P-plates (though you have those Probationary Rider restrictions for 1 year, as you mentioned). It is a common misunderstanding regarding the status/test of your licence by people from other states, but VicRoads records will show up as FULL + CURRENT Rider for the first year.

From VicRoads: "If you already have a full car driver licence , you will be issued with a full motorcycle licence (motorcycle licence category added to your card). However, all newly licensed riders are subject to certain restrictions and conditions for the first 12 months from the date of issue." http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home...rcycleLicences/MotorcycleProbationLicence.htm
  8. Ah, gotcha, misunderstood ;).
    Yeah up here we get a similar thing, but still have to display the P's for the year. Same restrictions.
  9. Congrats. It's just moving to an extended L with some perks.
  10. I agree. This is a bit nitpicky, but I think the "learner" naming in licensing is a bit of an issue all round. I don't think it is the best to imply that there is an end to learning. Heh, I've had a car license for a long time and have had more learning since jumping on a bike than ever.
  11. Don't get me wrong I'll be learning for LiFE and yes under Vic laws i get FULLs (whilst first 12 months restricted) because I've held onto a Full car license.

Still feels great to get rid of the L plates and not have to worry about any more tests.

Thanks for all the well wishes :)
  12. Well done. I did mine on Thurs, good to get it out of the way!
  13. You have to do a test, or wait for your P's to end, and automatically get fulls? I thought it was the latter.
    Secondly, I have my P's (just got them), and have to display them for 4 years. I'm only restricted for the first year though. Does that mean I can take passengers on the remaining 3 years?
    Thanks in advance.
  14. Response:
  15. thank you
  16. You cant carry a pillion for the first 12 months,
  17. Correct - under the Vic laws as stated above you cannot have a pillion