Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Full moon for bikes

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by UDLOSE, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Driving home I just witnessed some of the strangest stuff I've seen in a while. Damp roads, sprinkling rain, I'm in my cage. First guy was a guy on some Superduke variant riding like a total maniac through traffic in the rain but no worries, he seemed like he knew what he was doing. Then I see a Daytona 675 with his fairings taped together go past me. A few mins later I see him again in the right hand turning lane up the road but facing the wrong way! He was waving at the cars not to hit him. The bike was upright but he was facing the traffic in his lane. I have not idea WTF he was doing and how he got there :s I wanted to stop and put my hazards on to shield him but couldnt get across to him. 3 mins later he goes past me like nothing happened. I turn off the main road (70kph zone) onto a small back street and as soon as I get around the corner I see a dirt bike doing a u turn right infront of me as in within 10m from the blind corner. I emergency brake hard so I don't t-bone him/her. The rider couldn't make the turn properly and had to pull over to the side. I start to go past and it accelerates and cuts infront of me. Didn't bother me so I cruised along behind it. The thing had full nobblies in the rain, the back end was walking around behind the bike even at 50 kph in a straight line! This rider looks like a learner but no l plates. Absolutely no gear, in the rain, unsafe tyres, making dangerous choices. Does it get any worse? I had to brake quite hard behind him at the lights even though we were both cruising and I was trying to give the dodgy looking rider room. I realised why - his brake light doesn't work! Next thing we get to a roundabout, the rider decides to push his luck and cut infront of a car on the roundabout but then chickens out, grabs a handful of front brake and drops it in the middle of the roundabout! (infront of the car he just cut infront of), lucky that cager was also on the ball.. I started jumping out of my car to help but he/she managed to get it back up. I sat there and watched while he stalled 3 times in a row then wobbled off in the other direction.

I don't want to pass judgement on these guys, just telling you the strange stuff I saw.

So is it a full moon?

Ps: glad my cage has abs..
  2. Hahahahahaha good one,

I like the ones that hang off their bikes and wobble thru the corners because the bike is not going fast enough to stand up straight on its own, Hahahahahaha
  3. Scary stuff indeed, glad noone was hurt.
  4. I had to ride to work in that weather last night. I saw similar crap from other riders as well.

The really odd one though, I was alongside a beamer bike when i decided to split because the traffic was terrible. A few cars up, my spidey senses were tingling and i got the feeling the ute was going to swerve over to stop me from splitting past him.. so i brake moderately to wait and see what he was doing. Yep, he closed the gap, the twat. Unbeknownst to me, the beamer was hot on my ass the whole time and hadn't given enough space (insane, considering it was wet) and all of a sudden i got a tap from the rear and the bike jolted forward. Lost a little traction.. then once under control i turn to see the rider give me either a "wtf did you slow down" or a "oops" wave. How both of us didn't drop, i have no idea. Wouldv'e been doing about 40kph.

I'm going to go with "full moon".
  5. Judge not, lest you be judged.
  6. If you're responding to me, we were in our own lanes, and i stayed in my own lane to split. I even indicated and headchecked before doing so.
  7. sounded like me last night on the F6 pissing down rain left heathcote had no wet gear. open face and my dark tinted glasses.. couldnt see shit... but made it home in 1 piece ...