Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by vic, Apr 25, 2006.

1. I got a hold of a pair of fuglies to use on the bike under the helmet and I thought I'd share my thoughts with you so here goes;

The glasses themselves are very solid. Nice thick sturdy arms, perfect for trying to force them between your cheeks (no vtrbob, the other cheeks) and your helmet liner.

They have thick foam padding that lines the inside of the frames and a removable strap for wearing under a full frame helmet I suppose.

The ones that I have, have the smoked lens. The clarity of the lens is brilliant. I used to ride with polarised lenses and I found them to be annoying at times, mostly great but mildly annoying. I now need to get used to the non polarised lenses that these glasses have.

Once the helmet is on I slide the glasses on and seat them nice and snuggly against the bridge of my nose.

My eyelashes are sitting inside the padded frames and they don't touch the frames, nice. You need that in a glass, well at least I do, there is nothing more annoying that your lashes touching the lens.

Once underway, your vision is clear and most of the glare is eliminated. The padding that is around the frames is excellent for keeping any stray sunlight from sneaking through.

Head checking is made a little bit more difficult as it is with all sunglasses.

Overall they are good to wear under the helmet. I found them uncomfortable to be wearing them when the helmet is off as my lashes touch the padding of the frames.

I would rate them an 8/10.

Well worth considering as a set of glasses "for the bike"

Cheers :cool: