Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fueltap and performance-Bike jumpy on 'on' but smooth on res

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Puffin, Sep 18, 2008.

1. I have a problem...

when my bike's (VT250 Spada) Fueltap is switched to the on position (I assume this is what it is usually meant to be on) the bike feels kinda jumpy and rough - like there is a problem with fuel getting to the motor...

But when it is on reserve, the bike runs fine - it sounds healthy and runs just like it used to when I used the 'on' on the fueltap.

This has only been happening for about a week... Is there a problem with the 'big straw'...

Is there some fuel line cleaning solution I can add to a full tank of gas for motorbikes? Or should I clean out the tubes myself.. I am kinda new to bikes so any help is appreciated. I have just been leaving my bike on reserve when riding and putting it to on when the bike sits in the garage.

2. I changed the wording in your post to appease the swearing filter :)

Sounds like a blockage in your fuel tap.

Not sure on the 'spada' so I'm only guessing, drain tank, remove tank from bike. Sit upside down on a towel etc to avoid scratching, remove the fuel tap and see if the mesh is blocked. As I said only guessing, you may be able to get at the tap without removing the tank......... you will still have to drain it though.
    As you look at the tap the HIGHER section is your "on" and the lower section is your "reserve"

PS: I wouldn't have a smoke while your doing this :LOL: