Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

fueling problem on my first bike! 01 gpx250, repair manual?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by jarrodGPX, May 10, 2007.

1. hey guys,

im a learner and just got my bike, i've ridden it 4 times and it seems there is a fuel issue, when there is anything less than 1/4 of fuel in the tank, the bike sputters and dies, before it gets even close to reserve! i'm thinking there may be a blocked fuel filter? because there is less pressure in the tank when low on fuel, its harder for the fuel to get through what is hopefully a clogged fuel filter into the carby.

when the tank is full the bike runs fine.

i was hoping someone on here may have a pdf of the kawasaki gpx repair manual? ive found lots of links on the web, so know it existed at some point, but now all the links are dead!

thanks in advance.
    if anyone finds one, you could contact me here, or email:
  2. G'day jazdawg, could also be a pinched/loose fuel vacuum line in the tank, I think you're on the right track.
  3. as above, plus tank vent.

Check all hoses have good connections
  4. you reckon a pinched tube would do the same as a dirty filter? wil have a look tonite, might just take the fairings off and see what i can find.

thanks for replies guys
  5. i have a 2000 model gpx and i dont think it has a fuel filter.

how many k's are you getting on your trip meter when it starts to splutter/stall and does switching to reserver make it run again when this happens?
  6. err maybe there is nothing wrong with it
    what u think is 1/4 is only about 3-5 liters thats not much and is probaly the correct lelve for ur reserve.
  7. well the point is it doesn't help it at all when i flick it to reserve?
    it did it at 240kms on the tank
  8. Maybe the reserve piping is blocked.

The fuel tap might need cleaning.
  9. yea you should get more than 240kms before you hit reserve check all fuel, air, vaccum lines.
  10. how old is the bike. I would stick the tank on its side and take the fuel tap out and take a look at it. Might be gunk buildup on the tap.

U should most definaly be tting 300Ks b4 u hit reserve.

http://www.ziongardens.com.au/repair manuals.html

GPX manual link
  11. thanks heaps for the link to the manual!! i looked for ages!!!