Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fuel tap stuck!!!

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by fastkid, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Guyz my fuel tap is stuck! I cant move it to off or reserve (no its not that im weak either) is this because my fuel lines might be a little clogged?

If so how do I clean them out? please help

Steve :?
  2. What type of bike was it?

Unfortunatley it may be something broken inside. Suzuki taps are prone to it.
  3. suzuki rgv250
  4. The tap may be of similar construction to mine. Pull the front off the tap and you will probably find that one of the metal tygnes has broken off and as jamming the tap.

With any luck it hasn't done too much damage and it will still operate with one tygne.

Good luck. You may be able to pick up an alternative tap at a wreckers. Unfortunatly with mine it is a big tap and has two outlets, so there is nothing else that will fit.

You might have more luck with a tap at a wreckers.
  5. Thanks mate ill do it 2nite.
  6. Success! I ripped off the fuel tap (tank off, drained fuel) and relised a seal was getting stuck inside. $5 later I buy a new seal. Now its a new tap again :grin: :grin: Easy fix thanks.