Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fuel Reserve for CBR250R

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Greentea, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Gday, this may be a silly question but ive bought a CBR250R and when it was resprayed on import it looks like they painted over the indicator to tell you which way to turn the gauge for the fuel tank to be on ON, OFF or Reserve.
    Its just ive been having a bit of problem with it, say for example sometimes if the dial has ON pointing up, the morning after a ride i try to start it and it just wont kick over. So i turn it around the other way and it starts. But then the next morning it does the same thing, it wont start so i have to turn it right around again.
    Anyone have an idea of what might be going on and where the fuel dial indicator should be? Top? Bottom? Side?

2. From memory I hav to turn the top towards the front till it hits the limit. I think thats on and if I turn it back one click it'll b "off" and turn back another click it'll reserve.

I might have got on and reserved swapped....
  3. I always had to turn mine 180deg clockwise to turn the reserve on. ie turn it as far clockwise as it will go, and that will be reserve. Turn it back 180 and that's ON.

A couple of hundred km after getting my baby serviced, you can imagine my surprise when I was on the Spur, felt it running out, felt down and it had already been turned as far clockwise as it would go. Maybe it was the service guys? Maybe someone fiddled in Healesville when I was having my snickerdoodle? :evil: I always filled up ASAP when I've had to switch, so I really don't believe it was me. Anyway, I know which way reserve is!

EDIT: I had a 1992 CBR250RR. Not sure if they vary.
  4. it's to the very top(arrow is on the top side), my mate has a cbr250r & it's the same as my cbr250rr 1992 model
  5. I have a 99 Aussie model

My big knob points down
  6. I thought it was the same on most bikes.....
    Tap points all the way down: Primary - Tap points to the left: Off - Tap points up: Reserve.

Thats the way my cibby is anyhoo...