Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

fuel lol

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by tunelliner, Apr 21, 2008.

1. embarrasingly. i almost ran out of fuel today, stalled at two sets of lights and had to push the bike to the side to start it again.. soooooo embarrasing
    and also, when i went to check the pressure of my rear tire, i almost shat my pants. It was at 22 Psi, as opposed to the recommended 42.
    :oops: :oops: :oops:

2. :shock:
    Hornet owners are meant to be dilligent when it comes to regular checks on their machines. Don't let this happen again :p

3. It ain't hard to run out of fuel on a Hornet :LOL:.
  4. Been there done that.

All part of the joys of riding :)
  5. 42 recommended? From the book?
  6. Yeah, it's a lot for a 250, isn't it? I thought teh same. 32 I would believe, 42 is heavy tourer territory.......

Regards, Andrew.
  7. 42 would be maximum pressure with a pillion and luggage.
  8. Although 42 psi may sound way too much for a 250 the Hornet 250 is very similar to the 600, just with the smaller engine.
    It's the only 250 I know with a 180 rear.
  9. on the subject of tyre pressures for the hornet .. what would you guys recommend? Paul ?
    I set mine to 38 on the rear ..perhaps too high?
  10. i got the 36 front 42 back from the Hornet UK website.. hmmm do i need to deflate my tires a bit now :(
  11. oh yeah and another question for those 250 hornet owners
    how many KMs do you usually get with a full tank of fuel :)