Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fuel lock corrosion CB400

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by kalavo, Mar 31, 2014.

1. #1 kalavo, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    Hi all,

CB400 hasn't been ridden much in the wet season, went to fill up the other day and found the fuel tank cap lock has what looks like aluminium corrosion (white) and refuses to turn. Have sprayed WD40 and let it soak, but still no joy.

Any at home fixes? Have had one suggestion of Ezyglide, otherwise it might be to the dealer and try to replace the cap. Are they able to be unscrewed with the allen keys just from the outside or would the lock need to be drilled as well?

Tried letting some carbie cleaner dissolve in there without any joy. Lock is still stuck solid.

Trying to decide between talking to an auto locksmith or straight to the dealer

2. Hey ,,, how did your saga end up .... How did you get the tank open
  3. He hasn't been on line here since mid last year. Do you have a similar issue?
  4. I've got a cap lock that's getting more and more difficult to open
  5. Try some Graphite Powder
  6. bent a Key in my CB400 the day I picked it up has started to come loose so i had a new key cut and I have graphite powder to put in when I get her out on Saturday.
  7. Seems great minds think alike and idiots never differ
    • Funny Funny x 1