Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fuel Leak

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Gowron, Mar 12, 2006.

1. I got a small fuel leak today on my new GT250R upon closer inpsection i found a small tube had poped off from the tank. It would only spit out at the right side at the front of the seat when opening the throttle. I put it back on and it stopped but all the tubes are lose and shitty should i take it back to peter stevens to have them put on propely??

2. The bike have been imported in a partially disassembled form.

This MAY have meant the tank was off it.

If thatas the case then the dealer may have been a bit lazy and left some spring clips off.

I'd take it back, because this is what the dealer and deliver charges are for.
  3. Im not 100% sure it is from the lines anymore because there all on and fuel is still spitting out not a lot but enough. WHen i had my hand underneath it fills like it is coming directly from the tank so there might even be a hole in the tank im taking it to them tommorow and telling them to fix it.
  4. Gowran, Just 20 min ago, I read an article in Korider ( USA based forum for Hyosung ) talking about a similar, if not the same problem, check it out.
    If ya cant find it get back to me.
  5. Go into ( Korider.com ) Under Questions & suggestions,, petrol & oil leek
  6. Thanks for that sharpy i recken thats it, Comeing from exactly the same spot as described taking it to PS tommorow on my way to work so that can fix it there, I would do it my self if i knew how lol. I am so angry though wanted to go for a nice ride today cant anymore :evil: :evil:
  7. Well it was the fuel tap. Dont know exactly what it was they just said it was wonky. Still dont have my bike though, but should today or tommorow. Oh how i miss my bike :(
  8. Apparently this is a very common problem with our bikes. My mate just got his back from PS after being repaired.

As our bikes dont have a fuel switch (on/off), they instead have a tiny little hole, which apparently draws fuel through. Unfortunately they sometimes leak.... A LOT..... I don't know how accurate this is, it's just what my mate explained to me.

Take it back to PS and get it fixed.
  9. mate thats the benefit of buy a new bike...
    you get warrenty
    any problems should be put back to the place or purchase...