Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fuel issues

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Adrian Lewer, Oct 16, 2008.

1. my little cibby 125 is at the most a lawn mower on steroids but it does the job. i have always fueled her with the higher octaine fuel to keep the inside clean but the other day i had no choice but to use regular. (i was surging all the way to the servo )

after fueling and riding home i awoke in the morning in need for breakfast so i left off to head for breakkie and the bike all of a sudden had this massive power increase. i am talking 20% as well as me only having to gently feed the throttle to 3/4 to equel the same as 100% before ?

is it possible the little cibby's fuel mapping is done for the lower octaine fuel ? the book says run on 95 no less ? go figure...

some input from anyone who knows a bit about this sort of thing would be appreciated...

2. who told you to put in high octane?
  3. You should run the lowest octane fuel that your engine will tolerate without detonation.
    More expensive, higher octane fuels aren't neccessarily better in every application and are particularly poor in carburetted motorcycle engines.