Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fuel injector servicing - Melbourne area

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by trd2000, Oct 19, 2012.

1. does anyone know of anywhere in melbourne that services fuel injectors?

I'm thinking about pulling the secondary fuel rail and injectors off my cbr to have them cleaned. I know there's places around that ultrasonically clean and flow test injectors, i'm just not sure where or where's any good? it doesn't seem like something most bike shops do in house.

i've been trying fuel injector cleaner but i think they're pretty well clogged and im concerned that if 2 or three come good then i may run lean in 1-2 cylinders and wreck the engine... plus it's bloody hard to get consistent flow through them to clean them as they only come on when the throttle is wide open which i can't do for very long in one go.... unless i put it on a dyno...

any tips?
  2. If you dont get a good answer here, call a couple local mech's and just ask if they do it in house or if they send them away, and ask where.
    In newcastle the last time i had some injectors done, i called 3 and all recommended taking them to the same shop in town. Did so, perfect job.