Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

fuel for cbr250rr?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by getnkd, Apr 27, 2009.

1. just got my bike recently, a 90's cbr250rr model .. im using the normal unleaded petrol does using premium unleaded or the much expensive unleaded petrol matter? would it b better for the engine/bike/performance itself?

2. Stick to normal unleaded. The bike is not tuned for the higher octane stuff, and it can make it harder to start.

I found mine runs best on 90 octane unleaded.
  3. ive put normal in, 95 and 98 no problems
  4. Nitro Glycerine will perk it right up
  5. I tried premium UL on my previous CBR250RR and it made no difference to its performance. I also heard later that they are not tuned to run on premium so I think its better to stick with standard UL.
  6. 98 has more detergent n stuff to clean out the engine, one run every now n then cleans it out otherwise run 91 or 95 which ever tickles your fancy or better on ur hip pocket
  7. I use standard unleaded in mine. Runs sweet as. Having good fully synthetic oil helps. No need for anything higher, just a waste of money (it's also designed for fuel injected engines that behave differently to carbie engines.