Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fuel flaps. Do you or don't you?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Jabba, Feb 4, 2015.

1. I have too. It's a thing.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. lol OCD much?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Given no fuel will actually come out, I am not bothered. But if it's easy for me to tell the driver it's open, and then close it for them, I will.

I don't touch peoples cars without their permission though. The driver will have no idea what you are doing, and may get angered. I know I wouldn't want people touching my vehicle.
    • Agree Agree x 5
  4. That's your good deed done for the day.
  5. And your good deed would be to introduce yourself.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Saw one in traffic on the way along Bell's Line to my son's wedding a couple weeks ago, but it wasn't just the flap open the cap was still sitting in the little hanger as well. We were stopped at road works so I ran up, tapped on the window and told them before going around and sorting it for them. They were an older couple and looked startled at first, (which was fair enough, I ain't that pretty) but were grateful once they realised what was going on.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. #7 Bolex, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
    Intro done!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Challenge for you JabbaJabba, let's see you post up a vid of you closing someone's rear door that hasn't been closed properly :D
  9. I've opened someone's rear door that was happily closed, got a lot of flack for it at the time!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. A little I guess. I wont admit to chasing him for kilometres before the start of the video though...

I am aware of that and try to make it obvious or be like a ninja...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1