Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fuel Efficiency on TRX?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Jez79, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Hi All,

That subject might be an oxy-moron but I've gotta ask.

Very keen on a TRX as my daily ride to work and play on the weekends but a bit scared that it may chew way more petrol than something like a 98 CBR600F. Keen on it because of the torque, price and insurability (oh yeah, and the sound!!!)

Soooo, does anyone know the fuel consumption stats for a healthy TRX and also if they are going to chew through tyres/brakes etc if ridden hard but not extreme?

Basically looking for a sporty comfy naked/semi naked between 600 and 850cc. Price $5k - $6K

Cheers for your help.

2. Should have mentioned I was talking about Yamaha 850, not the Honda 4 wheeler (derrr)..
  3. Great bike, owned 2 of them for a total of around 6 years, as an all rounder you can't go wrong...

Mileage depends on how your riding it but I got up to 60MPG cruising about, around 50MPG on the motorway at a 90mph cruise and 36MPG when tooling about trying to keep up with a mate on his various sportsbike contraptions (he is a bit quick!)

Average it all out you should get 50-55mpg I'd say.

Tyres, well again depends how you ride. Mine usually lasted ages. Pilot sports lasted anything up to 6000miles for a rear more for the front.

Brakes. the standard front stoppers are okay, if ridden through crappy weather they tend to start sticking and nail the discs. A lot of people including me, upgraded to R6/1 blue spots (straight swap) and these really improve things for bite and feel.

For the money you're looking at its TRX, VFR750 maybe an SV650. I'm thinking of trying a VFR but like I say TRX's are great bikes. If you want some more info, try

should keep you busy for a while!

4. If you keep your eyes open you can get a VFR 800 for around the $6k and a bit, i paid $7 for mine and the guy spent $1000 on new tyres, brakes etc for the RWC, Leena (Grrrl) paid about $6 for her VFR.