Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

fuel consumption of honda spada

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by nals, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Guys/gals,

I'm thinking of buying a honda spada, and am really confused about the fihures of fuel efficiency I am hearing. Can anyone help me out? The Spada specs say around 50km/L at 50km/hr. Of course its going to be different when you are ridding around the city at speeds of 0-70 kmph, stopping and starting all the time. But I am hearing fuel consumptions of 25km/L (which I'd be very happy with, and think is rather realistic) to figures as low as 15.5km/L (which is similar to that of a 2L car!!!)

What is your experience - for a spada, or any two cylinder 250 CC bike???

Help will be much appreciated.

Cheers. Nals.
  2. I'd also like to know this..... and for a GPX250 as well.
  3. Im lucky to get 200km a tank running premium in my Spada. Thats about 22km per litre. I mainly use it riding to work in the city.
  4. I used to get close to 300 on standard. It's what about a 12l tank??
  5. Mine is only 9L with a 2L reserve
  6. I get roughly 22-24km/L with my VTR250
  7. A full tank is about $10.50-$12.50, don't know the tank size, but this is not big.

City Riding: I get 164km in a tank when it has to switch to reserve, completely conk out at 191km. Don't try to start when it is around or over the 159km mark....it doesn't like it...nearly couldn't start one time.

Country Riding: I think from memory, I switch to reserve at around 170-180km range, still going at 196km, not about to test when it conk out in the middle of nowhere.

But this is my bike, I heard one other spada apparently can do 220km in a tank....but no specific tested info like I gave above...

Hope this helps :)
  8. Spada also runs much better on unleaded, not premium. Try it, you'll see the difference. It's an older bike, built for running on unleadead.

180km is what I get to a tank before hitting reserve. Slightly better with country riding.

It does around 20km/l for consumption.
  9. i usually get around 250-300 mark, sometimes 350 before i have to switch to reserve. That is with a 16l tank
  10. i feel sorry for you all!!!

On my CB250, I recently conducted an experiment. I have a 16 litre tank. I got up to 378kms on that tank & hadn't switched to reserve (though I recon it was pretty close to it!!). I only stopped for fuel cause it was the last petrol station before home.

That was mostly driving to & from work, with 1 country drive thrown in. I basicly do a tank a month. So I always fill with premium, cause I can afford it with this bike!
  11. cool just what i wanted.

12. That one is easy. 4.2-4.6L/100km. Tested many, many times. Doesn't change if you flog it, either. :p
  13. Will change with a pillion though I bet....... although that is a long way off!
  14. bass_player Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:18 pm Post subject:

Im lucky to get 200km a tank running premium in my Spada. Thats about 22km per litre. I mainly use it riding to work in the city.

thats around 4.5 litres per 100 km.

my across does 6 to 8, it revs at 9500 at 100km/h, which is the main thing effecting your economy, followed by such things as rider weight, wind, when you shange gears etc etc.
    a 2ltr car can match/better thmy economy.
  15. Cheers for that. I just assumed that premium would be better. This will save me a few dollars (or cents) now when I fill up.
  16. 300kms is my refill point, but I've also gotten 350 out of it on reserve. Fumes meethinks !
  17. Just calculated mine today after having it for 1 month. Getting the same as you, 22km/litre. Still way more efficient than my crappy Daewoo! :LOL: