Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fs: Cbr250r

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by lsr, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I haven't ridden it in around 6 months and I don't have a garage anymore. Has to go.

1988 Honda CBR250R
    Black and Grey
    24k on the clock
    Excellent mechanical condition
    Ok physical condition, couple of paint chips, paint chips on top of tank have started to rust, 1 small crack in lower fairing, small graze on engine cover apparently from a stationary fall by first owner.

I'm the third Australian owner, I bought it from a 30yo guy who used it for his probationary period then let it sit in a shed. He had it serviced every 4000k's.

I looked around for a good CBR for ages, this was the best one I could find mechanically. To me they're more interesting than cb's and zzr's, the fairings make for a nicer ride than naked bikes and it's more comfortable than other superbike style 250's (low seat height, more seated upright position). Handles freeways with ease, 100km@9000rpm, redlines around 19000rpm, but I've never had it over 12000rpm.

Starts every time, never had a trouble with it (save me finding out that when a mechanic services it he drains the fuel tank and doesn't put all the fuel back in). Doesn't lose any fluids, doesn't have any flat spots. This was the bike I looked for so I wouldn't have to find another for 5 years.

Tyres, chain, sprockets < 500k old.

Registration until 18 dec 2010, no RWC included, I'll keep the plates unless you want to arrange something, although I doubt it will need anything substantial.

Located in Fitzroy North.

$2600

j5plbl.
    Gn8KHl.
    PQCdSl.
    9GWnSl.
    6pQRKl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.