Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

frustration, boredom & a little bit of Masochism

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by MLC, May 7, 2005.

1. Boredom
    I was in Mildura the weekend before last and as it was the second weekend in a row that I had visited this magnificent town, those that know Mildura will also understand if I say I was bored out of my mind.
    While I would never knock an opportunity to sample some fine reds, I have been to Mildura often enough to have sampled most of what is on offer and there are a lot of pretty average reds to be found on the way to the odd nice one.
    Unfortunately both trips were in the car so going for a bike ride was not an option. Visiting wineries while riding a bike would not have been a good idea anyway.
    To fill in some time I went to the local newsagent and bought a copy of AMCN and on the way back to where I was staying stopped in at the local bike dealership. I should have known better. You see I have now owned a bike for 2 years and been riding for nearly as long but I don't get off my restrictions until August. This is my own doing as for the first 12 months while on L's I didn't feel the need to rush to my full licence. I could ride. A 250 seemed fine 95% of the time (until I went for a ride with others on bigger bikes) as I mainly use it for the daily commute and it's cheap to run. I rarely (almost never) needed to take a pillion and if I did it was only for about a 5 minute trip. Why rush. A further 12 months down the track and boy is it frustrating not being allowed to take my daughter for a ride or get on a bigger bike if I have the chance.
    Anyway, back to the bike shop in Mildura. Why I went in there is beyond me. I must have been really board to torture myself like this. In the shop were 2 of my top 3 preferences for when the day comes that I can 1. get on a bike bigger than 250cc and 2. convince my other half that a new bike is more important than paying the home loan off early. Right in the front door way was a beautiful maroon rocketIII and just slightly behind an equally beautiful, British racing green, ST sprint. Of course the shop had a bunch of other bikes as well from Yamaha and others but for my money, if I had any, these 2 bikes were the pick of the crop. I tried them both out for fit (sat on them), spoke with the dealer and left.

There was nothing left to do but go visit some wineries. [/u]
  2. I have been to Mildura.... ow it hurt... Are there any roads surounding it that are NOY streight??
  3. Oh, there are those two fast sweepers about 10km's out at Red Cliffs ;) hehehe!