Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Front wheel spindle nut size GSXR600 1999

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Jordan, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Hi guys,

Ive got a 1999(X) GSXR600 and I just realise I dont have a socket the size of the front wheel spindle. Im looking at torquing everything up right and I need to purchase a socket. However, neither my workshop manual nor my Haymes manual have actual sizes in them. Ive got all the torque settings of every nut and bolt under the sun but do you think they bother to tell you a nut size?! No.

If anyone knows the size of the socket I need to buy could you let me know. Ive looked on TastyNuts and I think their replacement spindle size is a 36mm. But I dont want to go on that off chance. I figure someone has a decent socket set and has done this - reverse engineering seems the only way to find this out. Trivial I know, but Im over using shifters on nuts such as this.

2. Where are you for starters?just go to a Suzuki dealership,ask their mechanics,if they dont know off the top of their head, tell them to put a vernier on it.Problem solved.