Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Front tyre: Destroyed by low pressure and an idiot owner, looking for replacement suggestions.

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by grue, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Hey all,

Seems that the weird feel I've been meaning to investigate on the front side of my bike (no confidence in hard corners, increased tramlining, and general "Hm…") can be traced to the ridiculously low pressure in the front tyre. I won't give a number, but let's just say I'm embarrassed I didn't check it and it's an expensive mistake that I learned a lot from.

After reinflating it, it looks like this :-s

Clearly, the poor bastard has been abused and needs to be replaced, but I'm not sure what to replace with.

I don't really have any specific complaints about the Pilot Power, but I also haven't ridden hard with anything else. I guess there wasn't a great amount of "feel" to it, but without a basis for comparison that's very subjective.

Most of my miles come from commuting, but I like to go out and fang around when I get the chance, so of course a dual-compound would be good as having it last is nice. My current set has at least 14,000km on them and the rear is still looking good. I ride in all conditions, so she needs to be able to deal with rain pretty well.

The BT-016, Power Pure, and Diablo Rosso are all $200±20 fitted, so they're my main contenders so far, unless someone has something else to throw into the ring. The bike in question is a CBR600F4i, using 120/70-17 rubber, so any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance, kids!
  2. Just overinflate it for a while and it should even itself out ;).
  3. Bought myself a tyre guage the other day for the same reason Grue ](*,)8-[:oops:

I'll PM you mine if you PM me yours (psi)
  4. Yeah that is wooted :(

All the cool kids are into Perillis at the moment Grue, those guys are at the top of their game. They make the best duel compound (check out their spec sheet for details), they make the best everything. Slicks that don't need tyre warmers, what will they think of next? wo0t.
  5. Whats wrong with your current Pilot Road 2/Pilot Power combo?

You know it works, if you change the front to a different brand/shape, you may get bad handling/headshakes etc.