Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Front Sprocket trouble

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Pezza, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Ok putting on a new chain and sprockets. trying to take off the front sprocket but wont budge an inch. got a long torque wrench on it but that did nothing, even got an impact driver on it but thats done nothing either. Now the nut is rounded and pretty yukky.

Is there anyone that can give me some advice or am i up shit creek? Thanks.

would also seem i placed this in wrong part of forum, so if any mods wanna move it

2. I really don't know, but it's not a left-hand thread, is it?

Just throwing that out there...

3. nah ive read a few forums and its a normal thread

4. Well, you're f*cked then I guess.

Nah, just kiddin'. Sorry, mate, I'm not really mechanically knowledgable. Hope you get it sorted. :grin:

5. Soak it in WD40 overnight then get some heat into it. If all else fails, cut it in half with a dremel and/or chisel.

6. The average shop will use a pneumatic impact driver (also known as a rattle gun) - you know, the type they use when changing car tyres. The sharp, sudden impact of the air-driven ratchet will free just about anything.

You are probably stuck without outside assistance.

Commiserations

Trevor G

PS You did remove the locking tab, first? Well, bend it out of the way, at least...