Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Front Number Plates

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Kamikaze_Kawasaki, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Has anyone read this Vicroads reports here about the feasibility of putting number plates on the front of bikes?

Seems it is only to make us identifiable to the revenue raising speed cameras.

The articles are here. http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne...93737988B2CA256D8000226C5E?OpenDocument&Area=[Motorcyclists]

What are your thoughts on this? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  2. Hi Bucks5 and welcome to the site.

This is an old story for this forum. If you check the date you will see that it was last updated August 03. Check the old postings and you will see that it has been widely discussed in the past. That does not mean that it is still not a hot topic with everyone and yes we agree that it seems to be mainly for revenue raising.
  3. Welcome Bucks5 yeah we're up on this issue & agree that it's revenue raising & not one advantage to anyone but the government!
  4. in a nutshell , last update i recieved was it wont be happening anytime in the near future
  5. Qld Bike: plate: 185mm x 95mm, rego sticker: 110mm x 70mm.
    [within a mm or so.]
  6. Woops, wrong thread perhaps groberts? :p
  7. bugger!!! :wink: :LOL:
  8. i don't give a flying **** if they make lane-splitting illegal because at the end of the day they can't enforce it, but a front number plate, F*** THAT.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: they would look like utter S*** and as they haven't been needed for the last 20 years they're not needed now.

&*%# %#T&$#V$T&$#T&$#*^ v$%^*&#$ T&*$#v :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: PISSED OFF. &*$%#&* $&*$# $&* GOVERNMENT. EVIL.
  9. get over it....the same posts have been going around for years and years........hey! guess what????

IT WONT FARKING HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. South Australia doesnt even have front-shooting cameras, what's the point?

These things are going to be so small they'll be illegible from most distances anyway.
  11. the government progress report doesn't look serious to you? (kishy doesn't provide a link but i assume it's accurate.)

i very much hope you're right [-o<
  12. like i said get over it...it wont happen...i will bet my life on it. i am never wrong - always right!
  13. You may as well go commit suicide - It will happen, we all know that revenue raising is far more important than safety to the government.

14. If it's not gonna happen then why are they testing and trialing them???
    Obviously the government wants this to happen and it looks like they're taking steps closer and closer towards their final objective (To have all bikes with front plates)
  15. Im not sure i get the point if posting all these OLD articles?
  16. Why repost OLD articles for, why not find more up to date articles like FNP's now fitted to Gov bikes in SA etc etc.
    Two posts on this subject Kishy one was several years old and this one came out last year!
  17. To anyone who thinks it wont happen, dont be so sure. Safety and more camera revenue isnt the main driving factor behind this front number plate push. If the government comes up with a solid, viable way to attach a number palte to the front of a motorbike they will patent the design and make stupid amounts of money selling it to other countries. Victoria and Australia arent the only places in the world interested in front number plates.

One day front number plates will happen. When is arguable but you can bet it will happen.
  18. and so will GPS tracking, promethius and a few other wonderous ways to control us. All of which has now passed testing and is ready for implementation.
  19. Sorry bout leaving the link bro. It was a copy n paste job word 4 word :wink:
  20. This is a very recent article. Not several yrs old as U say.

If there is anything more recent, by all means, please post it up
    instead of speaking crap to me :wink: