Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Front number plates (true or false)

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by GSXR750White, Jan 19, 2012.

1. A little birdie mentioned to me that in Victoria, we are apparently considering having front number plates on Motorbikes?

True
    False

2. Its another regular myth that does the rounds every year or so..

I is always on the agenda for the toll road operators (eastlink) and the coppers who miss out on more road-users tax due to only getting the front plate pics.

3. Yeah, I wasn't so sure about it either

4. It was killed many years ago (my first 4 bikes HAD front number plates) in the name of pedestrian safety; it would take a massive repudiation of that goal to bring them back...

5. I think in Singapore they use sticker sets to go on the front fender - just shows how hard it would actually be to implement. There's no such thing as a universal fender..

6. It was revived by several submissions at last years Vic parliamentary inquiry, some by influential agencies. They haven't given up, and VicGov haven't said no (lately).
    Vehicle transponders and satellite tracking are a greater threat to our liberties IMO.