Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Front Forks

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by BlueRex, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Long story short, I ran into the back of a car yesterday.

Now it was low speeds as we were merging but there was a bit of a crunch noise and there is some cosmetic damage to the fairing.
    However when i push on the right handle bar it now rubs on the taco when it didn't previously. I don't know if it is just the fairing that has pushed the taco up or if the forks may have some damage to them.

They do not appear to be damaged, Is there an easy to way find out or should i just pay my excess and get it checked out?

I would rather not ride around on a bike with dodgy forks.

2. Look straight on to the forks. and if the wheel is align between the forks its still fine for alignment. and that should indicate if forks is bent.

or have it set upright and look straight at it. its noticeable.

(best to take off the fairings too) to inspect other damages.
  3. If you're in any doubt at all regarding the integrity of your supension or steering you should get it checked out professionally.

The steering is fouling on the instrumentation which is a roadworthy defect in itself.
  4. Sounds more like the front subframe that holds the fairing, headlights and dash has been bent...

5. That is what i was thinking, the Forks look ok and it isn't handling any different.

I will take of the fairings to get a better look.