Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Front fork oil on Spada

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Crash_Rubes, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Anyone changed the fork oil on their Spada? Got some questions for you. In the manual there looks like what may be a drain plug on the bottom of the forks. It is labelled item 6 - Fork socket bolt/washer. Is this a drain plug?

If it is I assume I can drain the oil, compress the fork and refill from the top?

Manual says to refill oil to the specified level :mad: Specs say capacity is 371cl. Is this the maximum or the recommended oil level? Anyone know what grade is recommended? I'm 92kg so any tips on oil levels, grades or preload appreciated.
  2. Ah just found another section that mentions Fork Oil Level 103 (4.1) which I assume is 103mm.

This would be measured down from the top with the springs out and the fork fully compressed I assume?
  3. check out

Me thinks this is the one, if not I can send it to you (email)

Good luck.

Oh, and if your topping up, might as well pull em apart and replace all the oil.
  4. Thanks. That is for a NT650 Hawk. US model I presume. Looks very nice and seems very similar in parts. Is the front suspension the same? Or is this the wrong one?
  5. looks like your right... Ooops, sorry... Ive been looking for the last two hours for one, so let me know if you have any luck