Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Front Flash

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by BRK, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Greetings all,

If one is to get a flash front on by a speed camera in a car facing you, will you get done, is thier some way they can identify you? Or would the you be ok?

Regrds,

BRK

2. Prolly safe, but you just gave the powers that be more ammo to tag us with RFID's.

3. I'm yet to commit this crime, just a query i had. I obey all laws of this state/country with pride.

BRK

4. *COUGH*BULLSHIT*COUGH*
    :wink:

5. What Rob said.

The relative immunity's good to have, but don't squander it by 'sticking it to The Man' with a series of highspeed passes and wheelies past the cameras (as seems to be all the rage in WA from time to time). :?

6.  Top
  7. Just a similar query, how bright is the flash, both day and night? Easy to notice. I went past a speed camera the other day and after having it sit in my mind for a while it festered into a growing concern :cry: After some previous stupid mistakes, I'm on probation! I did not see a flash so what are my chances?

Cheers boys.

8. The flash is bright, you would notice it both front on, and in your mirrors.

9. Except front-facing cameras use an IR flash so as to not blind the driver. ;)

10. r154632_556668.
    :rofl:

Wonder how the managed to ID the guy?

11. I'd say the camera operator bothered to turn around and write it down or a motorist behind him wrote the details down and called the police. Possibly?

12. he admitted it was him.

they would have cross-referenced the bike/rider to the previous pictures of his offences where they did get his plate.