Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Front bumper repairs to a WRX

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by templemonkey, Jul 21, 2005.

1. OK,

I was having a wonderful day yesterday

Practically no sleep for several days, huge workload, housemate trouble.

To cap it all off, when I went to leave work last night, one of the company accountants had parked his car across the path I need to get my bike out from work. Displaying some rather poor judgement I tried to squeeze the bike past. I thought I had rubbed his tyre but it turns out I put a shallow gouge in the front bumper.

I put my hand up for it and am copping the costs, now I just need some pointers on reducing said costs.

Any tips

I have been quoted $140+GST to buff out the scratch and repaint but I am worried that the WRX owner is going to come back with much more expensive 'replace and refit' quotes.

2. I had some work done on my car a few years back by a mob and they did it in the garage at my house, in the end I could not tell where the damage had been. They filled sanded and colour matched the paint to the bumper. Amazing. They are called the Touch up guys. I know they are in melbourne and are a drive to you service.
    They should be able to help to keep costs low.

3. I put a shallow scratch in my housemate's WRX front bumper a few months back - deep enough that it wouldn't buff out. He was originally asking for $400, which I ponied up, but it only ended up costing $200 so I got half my dosh back.

I will find out who/how/etc it was fixed and get back to you.

4. $110 for a seamless and invisible repair

Breathing much easier now

:D :D :D

5. So Templemonkey, who did you get to do it and would you recommend them to other people.

Curious??

:):):):):)

6. The owner had it done at his regular mechanics.

Kept the costs down which I was happy about (naturally, being one of natures more active financial disaster areas) and the job was good. I could find out who they are if you like.

7. Thanks for that :):):):):):):):)