Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Front brake vibrating??

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Kyba274, May 9, 2010.

1. hi there, i recently got a 07 cbr600rr and have noticed that sometimes under hard braking the bars vibrate somewhat strongly. Hard to explain exactly what it is. It only occurs sometimes.

Anyone have any idea what this could be?

2. Warped discs?

or

Google search 1 suggests that if you have new pads they may not have bed in properly and are sticking to the rotors, or could have glazed, or may have crap embedded on them.

Google search 2 in relation to 1 says try taking the pads out and scuffing them up heaps, and maybe even a careful scrub of the rotors with some very fine sandpaper also.

Happy braking :)

-
    Chris

3. I have a similar issue with my Street Triple R :S

Been a bit squeeky since day one... tried HEAPS of heavy braking during the run-in, etc. but hasn't gone away. It only squeeks at a certain pressure on the levers, but have definitely felt a 'shuddering' sort of feeling on pretty heavy braking every now and then. Wondered if it was in my head, definitely won't be happy if it's warped discs - shouldn't be on a new bike that's for sure!!

May have to try the sanding part!

4. What tyre pressure you running in the front? , but obviously different road conditions could be the cause.... Check if it only does it on certain roads....

5. If you have a triumph, the front disc will pulsate due to the large size of the Front disc rotor. Any front disc rotor over about 270-280 OD should be a floating disc, or alternativly at least 6mm thick. So no, it's not warped discs, it's just the OEM disc.