Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

From the Herald Sun - Driver with furniture

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by FastR1Red, Jul 3, 2010.

1. From the Herald Sun,,,
    Read the comments, a bit naughty.
    Mrs Petunia Morningstone of Far North Melbourne Posted at 1:16 PM July 02, 2010
    I am going to employ this tactic in future to stop impatient motor-cyclists and bicycle riders who "lane-split" and think it's OK to ride up between two motor vehicles on freeways and at traffic lights. How about a few $468 fines for those clowns?

Comment 5 of 11
  2. Mindless bigots posting in the Herald-Sun reader comments? I'd be more surprised if there wasn't one.
  3. i vote let her do it. won't stop a single rider, and if it were to stop a rider it'll be a lot more than a measly 500, be closer to culpable driving/overloaded vehicle/GBH
  4. What a biatch! Mrs Petunia
  5. Mrs Petunia is just Ken Lay's Pseudonym.
  6. With a name like Petunia, I smell troll.
  7. I suspect it's a p1sstake by a rider. A bit like "Fiona from Toorak" that used to post in the Hun comments all the time bitching about the "poor people from poor suburbs". :)

Besides I still like the BBQ on the bike guy better. That took effort where any fool can stick a box out a window...
  8. I think i about wet myself laughing at that guy :D good effort indeed! XD
  9. Wasn't 'Petunia' the wife of Vitalstatistix (Chief of the Gauls) in 'Asterix and Obelix' ? :p
  10. No, that was Impedimenta. :)
  11. Oh crap, of course ! Thanks TonyE (y)
    As an Asterix and Obelix enthusiast (as a child..hehe) I can't believe I got that all wrong !
    Surely, one of the clan was known under that name ???

12. You read Tin Tin too didn't you?
  13. I Did!

not asterix though.
  14. Mate, how did ya know ?!
    Loved Tin Tin...in fact, found the complete set of comic books ~ 6yrs ago at a Los Angeles news agency, which I bought, of course !

The complete set of episodes is also available on DVD...'accidentally' managed to stumble on those also :)