Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

From L5T to PCX150

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Amaranthus, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Hi folks.

As a teen (late 1980s) I used to ride a Yamaha L5T ag-bike that my grandfather gave to me when he retired from his farm. It was in immaculate condition - only had 900 miles on the odo, despite being 1969 vintage. I soon put that to right! I loved that bike, and kept riding that on the trails up until I was about 23, then had to sell it (very hard to do!). I never rode it on the road. After that, it was all cars thereafter.

Well, now, almost 15 years later, I had the need for an urban runabout (wife always wants the car) and have got the 2-wheel itch again. So, I bit the bullet and just recently got my R-date Ls. Now, I've bought a new Honda PCX150, and am about to try it out for the first time on Saturday when I pick it up. I'm based in Adelaide for about another year, then am moving to Hobart.

Well, that's the story so far... More to come, I hope!
  2. Welcome.
    Two of out most (in)famous Netrider members are from your neck of the woods (McSenna and Blabbs) you are in good company.
  3. Welcome to the mayhem(y)
  4. Welcome to NR, & also back to riding
  5. So I've had my new PCX150 for about a week now. Here is a photo of the 'white delight':
    Lovin' it to bits, though I've only done a few 100 km so far, so still easing it in.

Is there such as terms as a scooter-motorcycle hybrid? Because it feels a lot like a bike to me, in terms of its form and style, rather than a scoot. Anyway, I've definitely quickly become a Honda fan!