Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

from garage to inspection (vic)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by adnan12, Jan 9, 2006.

  1. Do I need to have temp. permit to go from my house to vicroads to get my bike inspected? I know I need one if I am goig to a mechanic.Seems a a little silly to me...

  2. Once you've made the appointment for the inspection and have been given the appt. number, that'll do. No other permit needed, as long as you're taking the most direct way between your home addy and the VicRoads office (don't take the scenic tour via mt. Hotham :grin: )
  3. I wanna know if I got the costs rigts, so i'll type them here and anyone wants to correct me, correct away :grin:

    (btw, the bike is a 1988 FZR250)

    Registration fee(health care card) - $16.10
    TAC(250cc, south melbourne) - $325.60
    m.v duty (redbook value $3200 - $3800) - $136??
    Plate - $16??
    Inspection fee - $31.20

    total - $524 approx.

    Is this right???
  4. Yup.
  5. you've got all that right for sure :D

    just to make sure tho, cos i'm certain the people at vicroads would have told you, but you DO have the RWC and a receipt for it yeah? you need both of them to register a bike (receipt can be fudged tho, just a formality :wink: )
  7. list the value of the bike at $2000... it will reduce the fees a bit... and if they don't belive argue!! show them receipts etc... (just make sure they add up to $2000)
  8. I've only go the reciept for the bike, is that alright?
  9. Wouldnt a call to Vic Roads be easier? Ask to speak to your local office and get the name of the person you are talking to. (providing english is their first language) :)
  10. also, if I am a learner does that mean I have put the learner plate on the back eventhough there isn't even a number plate?