Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Friday Funny - Child Custody Battle

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' at netrider.net.au started by pvda, May 26, 2006.

1. Federal Court Ruling

A seven year old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with the child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Essendon Football Club , whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

2. :LOL:

Such a verastile joke, this one, you can use it over and over again depending on who's not winning at anything, anywhere!

Nice one Paul

3. i liked it - i thought it was serous for a second LOL

4. He'd be even safer with Carlton or North Melbourne wouldn't he?

Disclaimer: I am from NSW & so know bugger all about AFL!

5. Or the Greeks football team?

6. I nearly started firing abuse at you rourkster as I'm a carlton supporter, but then i saw your disclaimer and i forgive you....

7. <chuckle>

I have a mate living in Sale who is a mad Carlton supporter. His doorbell plays the team song. He's a RAAFie & when he was stationed up this way he played AFL for Newcastle City even though he lived a fair way from their home ground - the reason being was that they wear Carlton's colours! He's always whingeing to me when they lose. I'm under the impression they are doing better this year than last??

8. as much as it displeases me to say, no, we're not doing all that much better, i am comforted though by the fact that essendon are doing worse... Might have to look into getting one of these doorbells you speak of though, although am in two minds, the one i have a the moment is a V8 doing a burnout.. hehe
    If you dont mind me asking, whats your mates name in Sale? My little bro was posted at the raaf base there for a coupla years...

9. hahaha
    go the mighty bombers :LOL: :LOL:

10. Damien Cairns. He got posted there at the start of 2005. Aircraft Mechanic with the Roulettes. Bastard keeps bragging about his trips away to the F1's, Hamilton Island etc etc. Lucky sod.

11. Could even use South Sydney.

Q. Whats a triangle got that the bunnies havent?

A. Three points

12. !

HAHA! I'll be using that one.

13. max biaggi?

14. Custody Battle

Federal Court Ruling from the Melbourne Age , Australia (AP)

A seven year old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama
    yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should
    have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the
    judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with
    the child custody law and regulations requiring that family
    unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt
    beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to
    live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with
    his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and
    learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life
    among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of
    allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with
    child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody
    to the Essendon Football Club , whom the boy firmly
    believes are not capable of beating anyone.

15. :lastweek:

:) :)

Sorry, don't mean to be a smart arse, but I've made it a personal mission to use every emoticon. The fact that this joke was posted last week has just helped me tick another one off the list. :wink: