Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Fresh meat from Ballarat

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Benchmark, May 2, 2014.

1. Hi to All, just saying a hello and thanks for having me! I'm another late bloomer, ridden dirt bikes for years but finally got my licence a couple of years ago and about to go off restrictions this month to be on a full-non restricted Vic licence. Have been loving every minute of riding my 2012 CBR 250R and although I cant questions its 'learner bike' qualities but I'm definitely looking forward to something with a bit more grunt when I can. Anyway this is me, love riding and learning, getting better every ride and wish you all good times and safe travels, Cheers

2. Hi, I'm local to the 'rat too, welcome :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome to Nutrider!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome to zombieland..fresh meat.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Hello and welcome! @Berty@Berty I'm glad you saw this was about to say "Hey, I know another NR'er in Ballarat..." :)

I've read it written on here often that dirt biking teaches you good foundation skills so I hope you found the transition smooth too.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Bertie-the-Cellar-Man-1.
    Yeah, got that. Can even remember what it tasted like.
    Old Eastie here. Welcome to both of you BTW.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Welcome!

I'm an ex-ballaratian as well but don't hold that against me.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Hope you're somewhere warmer now! I'm about to ride home from work in around an hour and its 4c!! Eeesh
  9. welcome aboard from someone who considers themselves well preserved meat :wacky:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Well. Melbourne???
  11. "Well preserved" probably isn't how I would describe it... :p
  12. Preserved damn auto correct I meant abused :wacky:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. My mangina quivers at the thought of it... :-O
  14. that's what started the slide in the first place :hilarious:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Maybe it quivers because it knows the "slide" is on its way... 3:)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Welcome from a former Ballarater