Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Freight costs?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by buzzawak, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Theres a guy in Qld selling a full set of flairings (used) for a FZR 400 which I am interested in buying. Problem is he has quoted me $120 (no insurance) delivery to Newcasle.

Wondering if the delivery charge it a bit high?
    Does anyone know a cheaper way of getting then down here?

2. If he can package them up well, then you could put them onto either a bus or possibly a return trip of a removalist.

Talk to some of the bigger bus companies about the possibility.

Also talk to removalist companies based in your town & see if they have an empty truck coming back from where the fairings are. (Or at least enough room for your parts). They'll sometimes do really good rates on it.
  3. I would say that's a cheap quote, especially if they're packed well. Get insurance. :grin:
  4. Bodywork is bulky and fragile. Without using contacts in the transport industry, that quote doesn't sound outlandish.
  5. is it a ebay thing?
  6. yes
  7. Shoot off some emails to the transport mobs in the links directory. You may find they are able to help.
  8. what sellers on ebay usualy do is keep the costs on the item low so it looks like a steal but jack up the costs of delivery to some stupid ammount, reason being is they pay ebay costs on how much they sold the item for and pay nothing on delivery fee costs

fairing - $500 - $20 delivery = $20 ebay fee
    fairing - $250 - $250 delivery = $10 ebay fee
  9. Thanks guys for the input.
    Ends up that the fairings won't be a direct bolt on job because of a change in frame design between year models.

Thansk again.