Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

free petrol

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by quantocks, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Well, tonight I went for a quick squirt up to the servo to fill up as I was almost on empty so I picked up the nozzle and started to fill, it got to $2.41 and the ticker stopped, but petrol kept slowly trickling out. It took a lot longer, but for $2.41 I filled my entire tank (pity it's only 10litres)

it's Willoughby Shell, Willoughby Road bowser 1 fyi ;D
  2. Don't mean to be rude, but by posting that, you are admitting to theft. :?
  3. well boo hoo. The failure of an automatic shutoff valve automatically makes a user a criminal?
  4. Um, yes is does.

If you find a bagfull of money and don't report it, just spend it, you can charged if caught.
  5. i'm going to report you to the feds for that 5c piece you picked up off the footpath 12 years ago.
  6. But it was mine all along. I just left it on the footpath for safe keeping.
  7. It's one thing to get some free petrol, good luck to you if you are dishonest and can get away with it.

It's another thing to come on to a public forum and tell everyone about it.
  8. if the bloke behind the counter agreed to the price then all is well is it not ?. i have not an idea as i have only ever worked in sales.
  9. There is no such thing as "free petrol".

It all costs blood and freedom well before it hits our pumps.

You would seek to undermine such a system?

10. Glad I am not the only one who thinks this is theft.

The attendant presses buttons on a consol, if the consol spurts oyut 2.41 then thats what he will ask for. Just admit it, you fukt up, and should no repent for your sins! lol

I bet you went and filled up the car aswell didn't you?!?
  11. this ones going to get interesting i see. i paid full price this morning and smiled at the guy as he took my coins.
  12. Ehehe yeah my friend with a seriously fuel inefficient sportscar pays in silver. He does stop at every servo though :LOL:
  13. Aw come on fellas,

It's a funny story and its not like he had gone to the servo to intentionally steal the petrol. Yes it is technically illegal but its not like I don't try and give it a shake or two to squeeze out a few free cents before I pull the trigger.

I've always wondered where it starts counting your fuel usage, at the bowser or at the nozel - because that u-bend in the hose holds a reservoir that could be short changing you. If it is at the bowser then I have absolutely no qualms with holding the hose up to drain that sucker of every last drop.
  14. agreed. i thought the bend was passed on from person to person. its all good in the end is it not
  15. Could be it was running empty so there wasn't enough pressure to turn over the counter - in which case you've just filled up for free with all the water and crap at the bottom at the bottom of the storage tank.
  16. petrol companies and governments are theives anyway, so i say good on you.
  17. then is the water and crap stolen.
  18. Yep. That's exactly what I was thinking. It happened to me in the car once. counter stopped, but I got about another 5 litres of drizzle before nothing. It wasn't until I went to pay and explained what happened and the guy said the tank must be empty.

so in fact you've been done Quantosks.
  19. cool, good one. :grin:
  20. Every silver lining has a cloud...