Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Free entry car racing at Calder Park this Saturday

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by pvda, Jan 31, 2008.

1. With all the complaints about the cost of motor racing here's a chance to see it for FREE.

Spectator entry to Saturday's (2nd Feb) Victorian Motor Race Championship round at Calder Park is free.

On track practice & qualifying starts around mid day and it goes until it finishes.

It's a single day Twilight so some races will be under lights after the sun goes down.

This is NOT V8Supercars or F1 but club level stuff, just a bunch of people having fun although I have asked for the location of the sheep station on occasion.

Categories running are;
    2 LSS - for vehicles complying with the 2LSS Regulations
    BMW E30 - for vehicles complying with the BMW E30 regulations
    FORMULA FORD For Vehicles complying with the Formula Ford Regulations
    SPORTS SEDANS - for vehicles complying with Sports Sedan Regulations,
    HISTORICS - for vehicles complying with the Historics Regulations
    SALOON CARS – for vehicles complying with the Saloon Cars Regulations
    SUPER TT – For Auscar, Improved Production, HQ, Porsche, Production Sport Cars etc.

The poster only lists the AASA sanctioned rounds of the series but there's also two rounds at Sandown & PI under CAMS sanctioning so it's a 10 round united series this year

2. If I was in the East, I'd be there.

Club level racing is a lot more exciting than any of the top level circuses. And, as we see here, a whole lot cheaper to watch too.