Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Free Community Motorcycle Forums. VicRoads & TAC to finally explain.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by MalTravieso, Oct 24, 2009.

1. VicRoads together with Department of Sustainability and Environment, Transport Accident Commission and Victoria Police are providing a chance for motorcycle riders to attend 3 free briefings and exchange ideas.

If nothing else, I'm going along to try to consume $58 (how much is that "Safety" levy again?) worth of "light refreshments".

2. I've just registered for the one on the 10th November at Albert Park.

Looking forward to seeing lots of other riders there. It should be good.
  3. Go hard son! Show them what for!
  4. anyone want to ride up to Shep with me? 10th im away, 17th i couldnt get to geelong in time. So i'll aim at going to shep, might have to take some notes from discussions on here after the other ones.
  5. Registered, though I'll be driving still.
  6. I've registered as well. This should be interesting.
  7. Someone bring a video camera and if it goes pearshaped it is evidence.
  8. It'll be dominated by ****heads.
  9. Edit: Why, fer chrissakes, is it on at 5:30? Some of us have jobs we have to leave first.
  10. I thought that would have been obvious. So people cant go. Typical underhand ploy.

Prosser: But the plans were on display.
    Arthur Dent: On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar.
    Prosser: That's the display department.
    Arthur Dent: With a torch.
    Prosser: The lights had probably gone.
    Arthur Dent: So had the stairs.
    Prosser: But you did see the notice, didn't you?
    Arthur Dent: Oh, yes. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign outside the door saying "Beware of the Leopard." Ever thought of going into advertising?
  11. So, why not just turn up late? It goes until late so I'm sure if you got there sometime into the proceedings that you would still get something out of it - and at the same time be able to have your say (which is one of the main reasons for the event in any case).
  12. "We are being discriminated against"
    "Here's an opportunity for you to have some imput"
    "It's on too early, too far away, too late....."

13. Hey smee, this is your chance to lodge a 'formal complaint' :rofl:
  14. Spawn I'm in no way associated with any formal lobby group so any complaint I have will definitely not be "formal" :LOL:
  15. There is not and never will be any date or time that 'suits everybody'.
  16. I am going. Just to listen. Find out first hand, how they are going to screw us this time.

17. See ya's there...... Food better be good
  18. No problem. Just lodge an informal complaint in triplicate on the appropriate form (Form FU2)

Seriously I am going to try to make it. It may be a waste of time but if we don't take the opportunity to provide our input then we deserve to be screwed over.

Bit disappointing though that there is only one meeting for Melbourne and only two for country Victoria.
  19. I'll be there
  20. I guess they'll be demonstrating how to install our front number plates....
    and how the resulting revenue stream will be used to make us "safer".